Why should I run a direct mail campaign?
Direct mail marketing gives you the ability to create personalized communications for your current and prospective customers. A direct mail campaign is:
- Adaptable to all types of businesses, products, and services
- Convenient because your message is delivered directly into the hands of your audience
- Targeted because your message is directed to a specific audience
- Actionable when you create a sense of urgency with time-sensitive offers
- Measurable because all aspects of the campaign can be tracked and measured
How can I track the results from my direct mail campaign?
While it’s not as simple as tracking website visitors or clicks on a link in an email, you can still track your campaign’s results. You just need to create a unique action linked only to the direct mail campaign. For example, you can:
- Add a specific coupon or QR code to the mailer
- Create a unique phone number for recipients to use
- Ask them to visit a special landing page on your website and provide a unique URL to it
- Create a special offer and ask them to bring the postcard in to receive the offer
Isn’t direct mail just junk mail to most people?
Poorly executed direct mail is junk mail. But 80% of direct mail recipients scan or read each piece before they throw anything away. At the very least, that piece of mail has the power to increase your brand awareness!